Frantz Wholesale Nursery, LLC is a leading grower of container grown trees and shrubs. Family owned since its founding in 1978, our culture of “Family First” permeates our culture. From our farms in Hickman, CA, we supply landscapers, chain stores, and independent garden centers with a wide range of trees, native grasses, fruit and Citrus, roses, and groundcovers. Frantz Nursery’s team of nearly 300 wonderful people work to ensure our products are the finest in the industry. Frantz Wholesale Nursery LLC takes excellent care of its employees, customers, and the communities it serves while delivering plant material that positively impacts our customers and the environment.
Frantz Nursery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Employer/ AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but not limited to: Management and monitoring many aspects of the Production Department, including managing field labor for growing, both transplanting and maintenance, improving efficiency and productivity of workforce, growing quality plant material, & ensuring safety procedures are strictly followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with Plant Health, Inventory Control & Availability, Propagation, & other members of the Production team to further the company’s goals to grow quality plants in an efficient & safe manner.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Establish benchmarks and productivity requirements and reports them daily.
- Daily review and monitoring of the irrigation system for areas of the farm under direct control of this position.
- Suggests formula and procedure changes to improve quality of plants to ensure product is ready for market by desired timetables.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Test and trial equipment and processes that increase productivity.
- Responsible to continue training and education of him/herself and on best practices for growing quality plants, i.e. attending conferences or reading industry magazines and journals.
- Conducts monthly walks with each field team lead in their area to assess current priorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience growing California appropriate woody ornamental nursery stock.
- Experienced in growth habits and needs of woody ornamentals.
- Knowledge of common pest and fungal issues.
- Knowledge of nutritional needs of a wide range of general ornamentals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to operate a computer using Windows based programs to include but not limited to Excel, Word and Office.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is helpful but not mandatory.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off