Position: Class A Driver
Frantz Wholesale Nursery, LLC seeks to hire full time Class A Drivers. The nursery business is thriving in California and we are excited to add more Class A Drivers to our team! Frantz Wholesale Nursery, LLC is a family owned and operated nursery in Hickman, growing over 600 different varieties of landscape plants, large specimen box trees and citrus for people like you! The nursery is a busy place, especially during spring. We are shipping truckloads of plants each day! Come see what all the excitement is about.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Our Class A Drivers are responsible for ensuring quality product is delivered to our customers on time, with accuracy, while providing professional and courteous service to our customers and the general public.
- Drivers haul 53 ft. and 48 ft. dry vans and reefers, flatbeds, and doubles
- Assist with unloading live plants at designated job sites
- Verifies paperwork and loads for accuracy, notifies Dispatcher when discrepancies are identified
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Works full time with an average of 6 stops a day
- Works rain or shine
- Keeps equipment clean and presentable
- Uses in-cab technology including electronic logs and timekeeping systems
- Arrives to work on time and when scheduled
- Checks gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, reports problems promptly to Dispatcher
- Communicates with Dispatcher when problems arise or guidance is needed
- Operates equipment with safety in mind
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Assists co-workers as needed
- Remains dedicated and committed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess valid class A driver’s license
- Must be able to provide an acceptable MVR from DMV
- Must pass a road test and be able to drive all routes and in all types of terrain, including, but not limited to rain, wind, freezing temperatures, hot weather, etc.
- Must know how to perform thorough pre-trip inspections
- Must be able to lift/push/pull approximately 70 lbs or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to push or pull a loaded pallet jack
- Must be able to operate manual transmissions
- Must be able to read, interpret, and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, instructions, and manuals
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures, and Code of Conduct
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, random drug/alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Doubles Endorsements Highly Preferred
- 2-3 years of consistent experience preferred
- Bilingual-Spanish/English preferred
Frantz Nursery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Employer/ AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.